Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,439   Online: 1081

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter Gowland

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    I mentioned this thread in an e-mail to Peter Gowland along with an inquiry about some camera parts, and he said he was very happy to read the comments here. He also mentioned that he's turning 90 and for the first time in 40 years turned down the Rigid Tool calendar job. He also writes--

Peter Gowland is 90...??? Wow! I've always admired both his photography and his cameras. I too would love to get my hands on a Gowlandflex or, even one of his 4x5 pocket views. Good stuff. Thanks for the link David.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When I was a teenage photography student (in the 70's) I wanted to grow up to be Peter Gowland - mainly so I could meet the models. Yep, THAT worked out real well for me. I still enjoy his work more than any of the modern photographers that show more and say less. I guess I'm just an old fashioned boy...

Joe

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noblebeast
    I guess I'm just an old fashioned boy...
    Joe
    There's a lot of us still out here.
    Remember when nude and glamour used to have mystery and tittilation- before Hustler?

True they have gotten more honest (airbrushless), but the "in your face" crotch
    shots loose appeal after their novelty wears thin.

So he's 90, healthy, and still shooting beautiful naked women? Lucky Bastard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin