Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,055   Posts: 1,561,348   Online: 1112

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Robb Kendrick - Tin Types

While everyone is trying to decide what they will and won't do...thought everyone might enjoy article from Ed Buffaloe's Unblinking Eye..Ed did an interview with Robb Kendrick that is very good. Not only does Ed have an excellent website all things photographic, but his interview with Mr Kendrick is very good. And since so many here have expressed an interest in these types of process thought a link would be good.

Enjoy....I did..Thanks Ed
    Last edited by photomc; 06-10-2005 at 07:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Mike, I wouldn't have found this interview for a long time except for your post.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    truly awesome. I'd seen the quicktime video out on National Geographic soon after it came out, but it's great to read an actual interview with him. Man, how I would love to be able to participate in a round of the postcard exchange sending tintypes to all the recipients.

I love to read about such "keepers of the faith".

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, what a neat article/interview. I really enjoyed reading it and am very greatful to you for taking the time to post and share it with us.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link, Mike. I've seen the NatGeo video, and saw his photos in the magazine. I also have the NatGeo "In Focus" book of portraits, with his tintype on the cover. That girl looks awesome in bigger format
    Kendrick's tintypes actually got me interested in that "vintage look"... I'm still looking for the right lens, though
    The guy is absolutely fabulous. Like KwM said, he's a "keeper of the faith"...

Denis

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cool! Interesting video too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't know if anyone noticed, but Mr Kendrick has a new book coming out (Sept. I think) with lots of his work .... Ed has a link to the book on his main page. Jeremy, it was just dumb luck I stumbled on this when going to Unblinking eye to look at the article on enlarged negatives. Sometimes fate does us a favor...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I saw Robb talk last summer at the santa fe workshops. very inspiring.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin