Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,345   Online: 875

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    These are proper dogs:

Photo 1...The one on the right is blind and the one in the middle is a seeing eye dog. The one on the left doesn't give a shit.

Photo 2...The bitch and missus. (careful now)

Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dogs.jpg   Susan and Asta 1.jpg  
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Auchhhh. Michael! Made me smile again.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    These are proper dogs:
    Photo 1...The one on the right is blind and the one in the middle is a seeing eye dog. The one on the left doesn't give a shit.
    Michael
    Good studio work, Michael. Thanks.

Does the seeing-eye walk the blind one?

You all know about retievers that will run for the ball forever, well I was dreaming up a Throwing dog. Sell them as a pair. Perpetual toss-n-retrieve. They would probably sell like point-n-shoots at a nudist open house.

Actually the blind one, I had to put to sleep a couple of months ago. I got tired of the tap, tap, tapping all over the house.

The seeing eye dog only worked outside and even then if she saw another dog she would chase him and drag the blind one behind her.

So now it's real quiet around the house, mainly because my wife won't speak to me.

Hmmmm...... I kind of like it.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    You are saying that because you believe the photographer in question is talented, and especially because he is marketable, then one should not criticize his work. Something else is happening there, Jorge.

And I have posted a couple snippets/photos... and my dog is bigger than your dog, so there.
    Not what I am saying, you may criticize all you want just like Michael Witting did. But to call anybodys work "unimportant" just because it does not conform to your idea of a great photograph is just plain nasty. But then that seems to be your preferred attitude in this forum.

BTW Helen, the price is just an example of how some people are not only willing to disagree with this guy, but are putting their money where their mouth is. The market price of a print might not be the best indication of how "good" something is, but then it is one of the few parameters we have to make a distinction.

PS. What the hell does a cow on Rogaine has to do with anything?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "What the hell does a cow on Rogaine has to do with anything?"

Enough of your sweet-talking flattery!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Not what I am saying, you may criticize all you want just like Michael Witting did. But to call anybodys work "unimportant" just because it does not conform to your idea of a great photograph is just plain nasty. But then that seems to be your preferred attitude in this forum.
    We must have a cultural issue here. To say something is unimportant is not nasty in my universe, and I am candid enough to have pointed to some of my own work as being unimportant, even worthless. People who know me would never say I am nasty. It's something between your impression and reality that is out of synch. Someone other than myself might resent your misunderstanding, and accusations, but I'm okay with it. Please don't understand me too quickly, as I've left a lot of room for you as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    To say something is unimportant is not nasty in my universe, and I am candid enough to have pointed to some of my own work as being unimportant, even worthless.
    Ah! I see, dismissing someone's life work as unimportant is according to your point of view a "nice" thing, uh? Of course, just so you dont look like too much of a jerk you add you consider your work the same. That sure makes it all right then.

I have no interest in "understanding" you, but I wonder what makes you such a qualified expert that you can dismiss someone's work as "unimportant." I have yet to see you make a constructive criticism of anybody's work, be that a well know photographer or an APUG member, yet you have the arrogance to dimiss work as unimportant, derivative, boring, etc, etc....

You certainly are a joy to have around....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jorge, you go out of your way to cast aspersions upon me, make accusations, and presumptions but you do not even know me. The problem is yours. I'm addiing you to the IGNORE list. Sorry, but I've no choice.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin