Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,561   Online: 974
      
Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124
  1. #1
    david b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    None of your business
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    4,034
    Images
    30

    Joel Peter Witkin talk in Santa Fe

    I just got in from a JPW talk at the Linda Durham gallery. He went around and spoke about the 10 or so prints he has here. He went into detail about each photograph (ie. the body parts etc.).

    Well, about 3 minutes into the first photograph, a young woman passes out and completely flattened her head on the solid cement floor. After several minutes and many people yelling for 911 or a doctor, she gets up and walks out of the gallery.

    It really added to the atmosphere.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    274
    Images
    45
    Sounds like the show was a real knock out. (Oh boy, that was terrible....)
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    1,377
    Images
    3
    I dont know why anyone would go in the first place.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    I dont know why anyone would go in the first place.
    Why don't you ask why? Since you don't know. Apparently the person that started this post went.

    Back to reality..... I would think it was one of those situations where you were disappointed about what happened, yet, not suprised. Maybe somewhat surreal..

    He should have taken shots of the lady....

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Lobsta
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    ...It really added to the atmosphere.
    Perhaps it was staged?...

    Anyway, I ran across this in my Ebay haunts and thought it would be the perfect camera with which to photograph JPW.
    My Verito page

    Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Plymouth. UK.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,403
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I just got in from a JPW talk at the Linda Durham gallery. He went around and spoke about the 10 or so prints he has here. He went into detail about each photograph (ie. the body parts etc.).

    Well, about 3 minutes into the first photograph, a young woman passes out and completely flattened her head on the solid cement floor. After several minutes and many people yelling for 911 or a doctor, she gets up and walks out of the gallery.

    It really added to the atmosphere.
    Who wants to to view that sicko`s work anyway?

  7. #7
    david b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    None of your business
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    4,034
    Images
    30
    me...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    1,377
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    Why don't you ask why? Since you don't know. Apparently the person that started this post went.

    Back to reality..... I would think it was one of those situations where you were disappointed about what happened, yet, not suprised. Maybe somewhat surreal..

    He should have taken shots of the lady....
    Why? She wasnt dismembered, or even dead.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Was New Zealand, now Hong Kong
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    372
    Images
    2
    Oh boy, I think I can see where this thread is going.
    David Boyce

    When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

  10. #10
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,705
    Images
    14
    I would definately love to see his work, and hear about his working process.
    In fact I have his books and find his work quite interesting.

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin