Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,927   Posts: 1,522,141   Online: 930

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn

I consider Brett one of the ten greatest photographers of all times. IMHO his image, Garapata Beach is one of the most perfect photographs ever made.
    I agree with Jim...while both Siskind and Weston were great photographers, I think that Brett Weston had a greater natural talent of recognizing and depicting the interplay of forms and tonal scale. Yes, Garapata Beach absolutely speaks to me at a subliminal level.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hmm, I must have misunderstood the question. Aarron was no slouch, I've loved prints of his that I've seen in person. but Edward Weston was by far my favorite photographer--until I rediscovered Brett years after the first time. The first time I just compared him to Edward and found him lacking, probably just because of the difference in style and I was absorbed with EW at the time. Now, Brett is my favorite of the 2, and all the rest that ever lived. Of course Brett had a much longer healthy yworking life than EW too, no telling what E would have produced had he not become ill.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    I consider Brett one of the ten greatest photographers of all times. IMHO his image, Garapata Beach is one of the most perfect photographs ever made.
    Unfortunately, it lacks color, then it would be perfect.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Unfortunately, it lacks color, then it would be perfect.
    Wrong! they are faded color prints....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    weston siempre

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin