Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,600   Online: 883

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Brooks, I have been reading Lenswork for a long time and I totally love it and I like how you handle it and your concept of photography. I just started my real B&W work not long ago, the magzine and this forum helped me tramendously.

I can understand why you want to try different ways of making final print to bring out the potential of an image. I too very curious to see the prints side by side. I think it would be a very good chance for me to learn.

I still say "WOW" every time when I see the cover of lenswork, keep up the good work.

Alex

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been reading this thread with interest. I for one don't have a problem with the concept that one medium may suit an image more than another. I think Brooks' last post is perhaps the best expressed illustration of the "not better, just different" viewpoint that I've read so far.

I'm not a Lenswork subscriber. Oh, bugger it! Okay, I wasn't a Lenswork subscriber...
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

B-3
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow.

I purchased two prints from Mr. Jensen and they arrived in yesterday's mail (USPS Priority - very very fast). They are GORGEOUS. I am truly impressed - floored, even.

Beautiful work, Brooks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=David A. Goldfarb]Agreed, but let the prints sit for a few years, work in the medium for a while, and I'll be interested in your opinion then. There is a degree of novelty with trying any new process or getting a new machine, and I wonder if your impression is not influenced by that sense of novelty. I don't think you can answer that question right now, but you may be able to at some distance.
    David: You have a good point - but, I think Brooks pried our minds open a bit.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]MAC[/FONT]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin