Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,121   Online: 1062

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Edward Burtynsky: CHINA - Sept 15th-Oct 29

At the Robert Koch in San Francisco

http://www.kochgallery.com/

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Large Format
    Here's a review of a couple of his shows in New York. The review includes some of his images.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I saw this show in Toronto a week ago, I am not sure if it was the complete show or just a section of.

This is a wonderful show , with some very powerful images that resonate with colour and depth. His use of the 4x5 or 8x10 camera is masterful and I was very impressed with Eds new work.

He has now introduced into the show very large images , which when viewed are overwhelming at first sight.
    This show also has a very large sampling of digital dye coupler prints that Ed has produced using a chromira imaging device.
    I had a very difficult time discerning which pieces were traditional enlarger prints and those that were scanned and printed on his new printer.
    The most obvious thing that struck me was that he is very well versed with a large format camera and his use of colour is beautiful.
    I think anyone going to the show will be inspired with his work .
    The print prices were going from $15,000 to I believe $45,000.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Koch gallery web site has several images that were NOT on display -- not sure if they were on-hand but they're so big that they quickly consume all available wall space! The ones that were there (now closed) were pretty darned great.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thank God it's over. I came sooooo close to spending my next lens flying to San Francisco...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin