Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,403   Online: 735

Thread: Chauncey Hare?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Chauncey Hare?

I've been reading Janet Malcolm's book of essays "Diana and Nikon". The best - well, my favourite - essay "Slouching Towards Bethlehem, PA" starts with Walker Evans and Robert Frank, and then concludes with a discussion of Chauncey Hare's book "Interior America".

Anyone have any information about Hare? Google got me nowhere, and book searches just turn up the books mentioned in Malcolm's article, and they're out of print. I'd like to know more, and particularly I'd like to see some of his photographs.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Interior America

Chauncey Hare's book, the only one that I know of is titled "Interior America"
    He was a multiple Guggenheim recipeient

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks severian

It looks as if there is not much to see of Chauncey Hare's work, beyond what he originally published. Given the strength of the welcome that received, it seems a shame.

That said, I'll reserve judgement until I actually get my hands on a book and see for myself.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin