Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,266   Online: 1004

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Photgraphs on eBay now

Hi:

In case you hadn't noticed, there are a large number of great images up for auction on eBay right now. Sadly, most of the great ones are from an auction house that charges and additional 22.5% 'buyers premium' (read: rip-off) above the knock-down price.

Still, you can go puruse the images and the current prices, some of which are stunning. There are some great HCB, E. Weston, B. Weston and George Tice images. I alwasys wanted to own Petit Mobil Station by Tice - I just love that image. I had seen it many times in the past but not recently. I used to live hearby and I would drive past the station at night - it looked just like the photo at the time.

There is a copy of Running Deer by Caponigro for a starting bid of $3500 by Russ Levin who does not charge a premium. He has some B. Weston's for sale, too.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The whole 'buyers premium' thing might be OK in a brick and mortar auction house, but for an on-line auction... no way.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know Russell Levine. He is one really nice guy. He is one I wouldn't hesitate to support with his online sales.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    I know Russell Levine. He is one really nice guy. He is one I wouldn't hesitate to support with his online sales.
    I've known Russell for a long time and I've met him a few times down at his gallery in Monterey. He is a great guy, a great dBay seller and anyone doing business with him will be very happy.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have purchased several photographs from Russel Levin, both at his gallery and from his ebay auctions. Every transaction went smoothly. The images were axactly as described and his service is first rate. He will combine shipping on multiple purchases to save the buyer money.

If you want something specific, give him a call or visit his website russlevin.com.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Russ has SEVERAL beautiful Brett Weston's up for sale right now. I dont know where he got them all, but there has to be at least 10 different images! Go check them out.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The 11X14 photographs may very well be 11X14 contact prints...Brett used that format at one time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin