Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,909   Online: 917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just got a big broadsheet with my newspaper the other day that was produced for Jaguar.

It was definately a "sell the sizzle and not the steak" kind of production, but it was pretty amazing in terms or creativity and photography and layout.

Perhaps it is as someone said, that the work we see in magazines is very limited by the editors of the magazines.

I'm sure there are still some great photographers floating around, just not able to find a venue to express themselves.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    Perhaps it is as someone said, that the work we see in magazines is very limited by the editors of the magazines.

I'm sure there are still some great photographers floating around, just not able to find a venue to express themselves.

Michael
    I'm inclined to agree with this. I'm thinking some magazines are getting too politically correct. I think the shift from using models to using celebrities in ads and editorials is having an adverse affect on creativity.

Thanks for all your views on your fav fashion snapper!

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If anyone is interested, there is a very nice article in the NY Times today on Lillian Bassman. I hadn't been familar with her work.
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin