Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,912   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Your Favourite [analog] Fashion Photographer

Anyone got a favourite fashion photographer to post. Mine would be Nick Knight who uses a 10x8 Sinar (I think)

Anyone else?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan
    Anyone got a favourite fashion photographer to post. Mine would be Nick Knight who uses a 10x8 Sinar (I think)

Anyone else?
    I don`t know much about the current photographers, but I quite like some of the stuff done by David Bailey over the decades. Nice punchy B&W`s taken with a range of camera`s from 35mm to 11x14.

Images
    Isn't that more than a little bit like asking whether you prefer The Outlaws or The Hell's Angels?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The French Photog Guy Bourdin....

Probably Patrick Demarchelier for fashion and Greg Gorman for celebrity/fashion stuff.

I don't know any of the new "hot' ones.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since the Avedon/Penn heyday it's all been downhill as the magazines became increasingly full of ads -- essentially catalogs sewn-together with a thin vein of "content." The capabilities of editorial/photographic expression and assertion in the fashion world dwindled, left to the various corporate advertising departments. Since then... Bailey? Sarah Moon? Helmut? All known more as cartoonish celebrity brand names themselves, rather than real players in fashion itself. When you think of newer shooters -- say, David Lachapelle -- do you think of the shooter's aura & style, or of the clothing?

Penn could shoot clothing.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Patrick Demarchelier

Also my vote!

Shooter
    Multi Format

my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Fintan

Anyone else?
    Richard Avedon, Irving Penn, Norman Parkinson, Terry Donavan, David Hurn,David Bailey, Patrick Litchfield.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I cannot choose a "favorite". Selecting *one* infers an exclusion of others - and that is much like trying to choose between Michael Franks and Mozart.
    Notable ...: Patrick Demarcheliar, and Horst P. Horst.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    Since the Avedon/Penn heyday it's all been downhill as the magazines became increasingly full of ads -- essentially catalogs sewn-together with a thin vein of "content." The capabilities of editorial/photographic expression and assertion in the fashion world dwindled, left to the various corporate advertising departments. Since then... Bailey? Sarah Moon? Helmut? All known more as cartoonish celebrity brand names themselves, rather than real players in fashion itself. When you think of newer shooters -- say, David Lachapelle -- do you think of the shooter's aura & style, or of the clothing?

Penn could shoot clothing.
    I think the one exception would be the New York Times Magazine fashion issue they put out, I think twice a year. A lot more creative fashion images than Vogue, Elle, Bazaar, etc... etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin