Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,334   Online: 845

Thread: Photo Journal

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Photo Journal

Does anyone out there keep a photo journal? Is it technical or philosophical or both? Do you ever refer back to it? How has it helped you? Would be great if someone could post a page or two.
    Jack B

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I keep a travel and a nature journal, but only the travel journal has photos. Mine is bound archival paper that I picked up at a paper specialty shop and I use PMA sheets to adhere the pictures to the pages. The images (typically 4x6 prints) are just shots of the places I have traveled, and no technical data goes in there, just my thoughts and descriptions and such get written in it. I do keep technical notes on my images, but on a separate sheet that gets stored in a three ring binder for future reference.

Interestingly enough, I don't spend a lot of time referring back to the technical stuff. I tend to notice what I think I should have done differently during processing and printing, and then that info just sort of sticks in my mind. I have referred back the notes before, but mostly just to provide technical data when posting images in the gallery. The nature journal is all sketches, no images.

- Randy

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I journal every day (writing only no photos) mostly personal but includes much about photography. I also recently began to keep a separate journal specific to photography including ideas, techniques, thoughts, notes form classes I have attended. Generally anything specific to photography.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin