Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,626   Online: 885

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What can I say Matt, couldn't happen to a nicer guy, and Kerik of course. Best wishes for your show and wish I could be there.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

humble scooterman

Matt will be having a one person exhibition at the Photography Gallery at Sam Houston State University in August-September. If we can work it out he will be visiting artis also.

Scooterman.
    I don't want to make you nervous or anything, but at the opening of your first exhibition remember one thing:

"THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU............................

Congrats,
    Jack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Matt! Good Luck with the show.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt has already had a very sucessful showing here on apug, now the "other folks" get a chance to see his work.

Kerik's work is wonderful. Take a look at his recent post of the window and curtain in the gallery for a visual treat. Best to both of you, tim

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Congratulations Matt and good luck tonight!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    Matt has already had a very sucessful showing here on apug, now the "other folks" get a chance to see his work.

Kerik's work is wonderful. Take a look at his recent post of the window and curtain in the gallery for a visual treat. Best to both of you, tim
    Well said Tim...we were just lucky to see his work first....as to the window Kerik has in the gallery...that is the one that I found on his site that brought on this post. Pardon the pun, but it blew me away...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck tonight, Matt!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    Gerhard glad to see you've become so prolific with your pt/pd work! Always good to see a former student take the process and run with it.
    Kerik,

I couldn't have done it without out. Your workshop not only taught me how to make pt/pd prints but it also gave me the inspiration to stick with it.

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The best of luck to you tonight Matt.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Learning learning learning....
    The opening was last night from 6-8pm.

I have learned some tough (both emotionally, physically, and financially) lessons.

1. Never use glass in a frameless swiss clamp presentation with prints that are matted to 28x20. Plexiglass from this point on. The people at the Binswanger Glass shop know me by name and have now gotten entirely too much money of mine (that I didnt even have)

2. The wall hangars that attach to the backing board DO NOT stay even with glue and gaffers tape. (see above post) - this was remedied by using mirror wall hangers. cheap and bullet proof. But not remedied till this morning... after another 2 pictures fell. Made me feel entirely too amatuerish... but learning so its in the "learned" box.

3. that its pretty cool to see a bunch of your work on the wall... especially a group of images that youve worked so damn hard on.

Thanks all for the well wishes and kind words... It has been, and I imagine will continue to be, a learning experience. But one Im glad I can now say is under my belt.

Ill try and get my mom to send me some of the little digipics she took at the show sometime and post them.

Again thanks to everyone for the kind words, and to everyone who gave such good advice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin