Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,617   Online: 841

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Davec101
    Thanks or the links, Recently bought Michael Kenna's 'Japan' book which is stunning. Josef Hoflehner's and Kenna's work are very similiar but still exceptional.
    yep agree, some parts of Hoflehner's work are similar to Kenna's but still VERY exceptional.

m

Shooter
    35mm
    Lovely, thank you for sharing!
    alfa | alessandro

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    Just checked out this photographer's web site. Thanks for bringing him to our attention. His photographs are stunning! Wow. I love the images from Socotra and the incredible looking Dragon's Blood trees. I wonder if Sean Kernan has seen images of those trees. He has a beautiful photography book on trees. Simply amazing.

BWKate
    I checked Sean Kernan website out. great - beautiful! Thanks BWKate!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have most of these books, too. They are great!

But I can`t help, it`s almost the same style or at least very similiar. Nevertheless exceptional photography, I agree.

I wish I could do that!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mono
    I have most of these books, too. They are great!

But I can`t help, it`s almost the same style or at least very similiar. Nevertheless exceptional photography, I agree.

I wish I could do that!
    yep... IMO, One of the most stunning images of all, is this one:
    http://www.josefhoflehner.com/iceland/01.html

unbelievable and breathtaking!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to share, Manalishi,

There's something universal and spiritual about photographs of trees. Since reading your post I have shared Mr. Hoflehner's web site with about a dozen people and now they are interested in his work. I shared the site with my father who lives in the Northwest Territories in northern Canada and he loved it!
    I agree that yes, Mr. Hoflehner's work is similiar to Kenna's, but there are differences if you look closely. I have also looked up the island of Socotra and learned what an amazing place it is. They have only recently allowed visitors to the island. (1999) Thanks again for the inspiration.

BWKate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link. Hoflehner's work is gorgeous. His style seems to be the dominant one at the moment and it is timeless and, I think, often placeless in that it could have been taken in any of many sites.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    Glad to share, Manalishi,

There's something universal and spiritual about photographs of trees. Since reading your post I have shared Mr. Hoflehner's web site with about a dozen people and now they are interested in his work. I shared the site with my father who lives in the Northwest Territories in northern Canada and he loved it!
    I agree that yes, Mr. Hoflehner's work is similiar to Kenna's, but there are differences if you look closely. I have also looked up the island of Socotra and learned what an amazing place it is. They have only recently allowed visitors to the island. (1999) Thanks again for the inspiration.

BWKate
    Yes Kate. Hoflehner's images from Socotra are great and unique - haven't seen any other quality images from there so far. I have already pre-ordered his monograph 'Socotra - Island of Wonders' and also his 'Yemen' book. I think they will be released in April (?). So far, I own Hoflehner's 'Frozen History' book and also 'Unleashed', both are extremely amazing, and printing/binding is also perfect. It looks MUCH better than in the book-tease from photo-eye, not comparable!

http://www.photoeye.com/templates/mS...?Catalog=ZC614

manalishi

BTW, just found his 2006 calendar "on sale".
    http://www.photoeye.com/templates/mS...?Catalog=ZC637

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    Thanks for the link. Hoflehner's work is gorgeous. His style seems to be the dominant one at the moment and it is timeless and, I think, often placeless in that it could have been taken in any of many sites.
    I fully agree John...

m

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ...has anyone noticed this great image of a northern light on Hoflehner's site?
    www.josefhoflehner.com

manalishi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin