Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,719   Online: 854

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Which club are you in Dusty? There's a club near me, but from what I can gather it is invitation only. Not sure I'd want to jopin something that exclusive!

But then I'm not sure I'd join a club that would have me as a member! (I'm paraphrasing someone, can't remember who!)
    Im in the Upminster camera club in Hornchurch ( yes I know why is it the Upminster Camera club then) Great place no cliques very unstuffy and great guest speakers some real class acts.

Heres the link http://www.upminstercameraclub.org.uk/
    some members do travel quite a distance to attend.

Be nice to see you there Andy
    The camera cannot lie, but it cannot help being selective.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which club are you in Dusty? There's a club near me, but from what I can gather it is invitation only. Not sure I'd want to join something that exclusive!

But then I'm not sure I'd join a club that would have me as a member! (I'm paraphrasing someone, can't remember who!)
    I like that Andy, well said.

JON The Silver Print Circle (Invitation only)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dustym
    I it would be wonderful if we had the equivalent of your club in the South East I would definatley Join
    ALL clubs were started by someone that felt the need for something different. The East Midlands Monochrome Group came into being because someone put a notice in the A.P. magazine which asked if anyone else was interested. They were. It's that simple.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My sense is that the formal club scene in the UK is healthier than here in the colonies.

There were five or more clubs in this area 20 years ago - today there is only one. Admittedly, the club that survived and thrived was the club that was always the strongest and the most willing to venture out into new areas. It also happens to be close to the geographic center of the population.

In some areas in the US there are informal groups that provide the inspiration, challenge, and socialization of clubs without the pressures of formal competition. Some simply meet on an irregular basis to share work. I suspect these tend to be more successful in areas of higher population density and/or higher concentrations of interest in photography. We tried to get something like that started in this area, but too many of the participants had jobs that required significant travel, so it didn't last very long.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There is some really good advice here. You just need to come to terms with what you want.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Which club are you in Dusty? There's a club near me, but from what I can gather it is invitation only. Not sure I'd want to join something that exclusive!

Andy, have you given any thought to joining the Digital Darkroom Club?

Could be interesting.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky

Could be interesting.

Michael
    Very droll
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky

Could be interesting.

Michael
    Michael... I'd rather squat on a chainsaw.
    Last edited by Andy K; 01-21-2006 at 05:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I joined a club 6 years ago. We have 120 members, meet every Thursday- September to June. Great invited speakers ,great imaging from members. Field trips every month also meet every Wednesday to go shoot in the London area.
    Well I am still there even 85% is digital but field trips and guest speakers are worth the fee. I also belive being with same minded people is inspiration for my progress forward on my quest to become a better photographer. You can keep your individualism and learn at the same time.
    I think you made good choice.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    The East Midlands Monochrome Group came into being because someone put a notice in the A.P. magazine which asked if anyone else was interested. They were. It's that simple.
    If only the club wasn't so far to the east .... OK, in the middle. I came across EMM some time ago but living the west side of Birmingham, it's just too far for me to travel too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin