Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,393   Online: 1013

Shooter
    Holga

Charlottesville, VA: "From New York to Sarajevo"

My first show went up this week. The opening was last night. Of the 10 prints in the exhibit I sold 3. One other was marked NFS and I've had an inquiry on that too.

The show is called: "From New York to Sarajevo" and contrasts the visual similarities of the two cities, with the cultural differences found in the people's interactions.

Anyway, if you're in the area, stop on by. The show is up at the MudHouse on the Downtown Mall. February 3rd through 27th.

One of the prints in the show can be found on my newly started photoblog: GhostManOnFirst
    -jason

Shooter
    Holga
    Oh, and it's all street photos: B&W silver, developed and printed myself; that is to say Analog.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And we in Sarajevo can see show when?...

Shooter
    Holga
    Uhm. When a gallery invites me to show it there?

update: sold 4 prints, now. Not bad for a first show, right?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good onya jvarsoke !

I like the images and I think that your idea of showing similarities/differences of two cultures is a tremendous one. Best of luck with future sales and I do hope that you get shows in other cities too.

Tim R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jvarsoke, what I can do is to connect you with galleries in Sarajevo, and rest wouild be up to you and them... They willnot invite you if they don't know about your existence...

Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by haris
    Jvarsoke, what I can do is to connect you with galleries in Sarajevo, and rest wouild be up to you and them... They willnot invite you if they don't know about your existence...
    That would be pretty great. I'm visiting Croatia around May. I'd love to get in contact with a gallery in Sarajevo. I'll send you my personal email and info in a private message here on the forum. I have several Bosnian friends who live in town, so if I need someone to translate for me, I'm sure they'd be willing.

-jason
    A new photo blog of B&W Street photos: GhostManOnFirst.com (2006-02-05)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin