Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,117   Online: 847

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Ben Hopson is the REAL DEAL

Ben Hopson who lately joined Barry, Steve, Doug, and I building 8x10 cameras with the Seattle Camera Builders, brought his portfolio to Barrys house today.

I had a bad day and screwed up a part. My son Andrew had a good day and finished his focus frame and one of the metal parts. I was pissed of course. I'm supposed to be the one who does stuff right.

Then Ben brought in his portfolio... To say that viewing it was a religious experience was an understatement. He is by far the best northwestern photographer I've ever seen. His prints, both b&w and color left me breathless. I swear my heart stopped a few times when he pulled out gorgeous print after print.

Anyone here in the Seattle Tacoma area who have a chance, PM him and arrange to meet him to see them. You'll be amazed and blessed.

Gosh Ben, I hope I'm not embarassing you.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Is there a web site where those of us further away can see? By mistake I just found another Ben Hopson in Texas who photographs new tomb stones. That certainly wasn't what I was looking forward to seeing.

John Powers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874
    Is there a web site where those of us further away can see? By mistake I just found another Ben Hopson in Texas who photographs new tomb stones. That certainly wasn't what I was looking forward to seeing.

John Powers
    That is a good question. I know he uses dreamweaver to maintain a website. What I don't know is if he puts his images on it. I've encouraged him to contact Brooks Jensen about being published in Lenswork. You might end up seeing his images there.

Perhaps you can PM Ben. His username on APUG is Ben Hopson.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post

John Powers
    Hi John:

I will email Ben tomorrow and ask him if people can see his incredible images on the web somewhere.

I know where a couple are. The latest Chuck Farmer newsletter has a few of Bens photographs in it. You can see them at:

http://charlespfarmer-photo.com/

It is worth the trip. Though they were breathtaking in person, they are still very very good when viewed online. Ben is truly a great artist. What's more, he is almost certainly the most humble and just plain nice person I ever met.

Enjoy.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin