Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,690   Online: 742

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shhhhhh.....Kerik, chill out man. As long as there are only a few of us doing gumovers, our grandkids will be able to sell our stuff for a fortune in 50 years. Start teaching workshops and the grandkids will be stuck eating beanie-weenies cold from a can.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got off the phone with a dealer of mine who was at this auction. He said it was a stunning print as were the Stieglitz'. He did say that many of the photographs in this auction were not that great though. Many were duplicates in which the better prints were kept by the museum.

As for the big money prints, I guess it was pretty exciting if you're in to these type things. He said all were feeling as if the photography collecting market is in pretty healthy shape if you're a dead photographer or dealer. Not so great for us "contemporary" photographers though... had some things to say on digital photography accepted as "Art" that people here might like, but that's for another forum.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm so bummed, I wish Sanjay didn't post this thread, this is a real sore spot for me now. I bid $2.8 million for it and was sure I had won it, and then some guy on Ebay comes in at the last second and bid $2.9 million.......

Bill, didn't you notice that our names were absent from the list of the 10 highest priced photographs? Must have been a typo.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin