Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,743   Online: 1056

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Per Volquartz Gasoline Prints

I haven't seen a thread on this topic, so I thought I'd start one.

<SOAPBOX>
    Like many of us, I am highly impressed with the number, variety and apparent quality of the free workshops that Per puts on each year.

Recently, he started offering inexpensive prints to help finance these workshops, which he calls (and the nameis a mystery to me) 'Gasoline Prints'.
    I recently bought one of the prints, an 11x14 of Mt. Shasta. I can honestly say it is a truly lovely image. It is printed extremely well and is a great image of a beauitful mountain. Per was more than happy to answer my questions as to how, when and where he made the photograph and to divulge technical details.

The costs of the print was a mere $250, an absolute steal.

If any of you are interested in acquiring quality images for admiration or to add to your colleciton, I highly recommend these prints. You will not only get a great image, but you will help fund the free workshops.

Visit this site to view the images:

http://www.pervolquartz.com/specialedition/
    </SOAPBOX>

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps the term "gasoline" in regard to the prints has to do with the fact that $250 per print is exactly one hundred times the price of a gallon of gas (at the moment) where I live.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    I purchased "Mt. Whitney Portal" for my mother.

It's a great print from a master photographer. And yes, a steal at $250.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe when talking with Per, that "gasoline prints" was a reference to all the miles (and subsequent cost of gas) he has driven to the various workshops.

Danish humor....whattya gonna do?

I bought two of his prints and agree with fellow posters...
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin