Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,306   Online: 818

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although it's called "tilt/shift", that's really a misnomer, as shift does nothing to the angular placement of the focus plane. "Tilt/swing" would be more accurate.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a photographer who's all the rage now because he do such things with an aerial camera and a kite, I think. He's doing a series taking such pictures of cities, I know he did it for Montreal for an exhibit at the Centre Canadien d'Architecture.

Found his name: Olivo Barbieri is the man. http://www.hamiltonsgallery.com/phot...b-virtual.html

Extra shallow DOF and whatnot somebody will explain better than I creates the effect that big cities look like a small-scale model.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Earlier this month I saw this technique used on the cover of a magazine touting the golf course offerings of the San Diego area. It's definitely getting a good amount of use.
    I think something similar to this could be achieved with a wide open antique portrait lens. Alan Greene shows an example ("Ramnoeurs en Marche" by Charles Negre, 1851) in his book "Primitive Photography" of such a scene. Good sharpness in the center of the frame, lots of out of focus in the areas immediately adjacent. Not as pronounced, but similar. It has the effect of making the people in the photo look somewhat like miniatures.
    Overall I think it can work if used for a good reason. Plenty of potential to become a cheap gimmick when applied indiscriminately.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin