Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,572   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Silver Conference Photo Contest winners

www.calumetphoto.com scroll down to the Silver conf. banner and click on it to go to the winners. Bob Carnie was so pleased one of his clients was one of the top winners.
    Non Digital Diva

Images
    SO, where are the photos? I jst see a list of names.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The photos will be coming. You think I'm slow, they are working at warp speed comparatively
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Not only did Aurora win second place, my Buisness partner and host of the APUG Conference, Kevin Viner got an honorable mention.

We think Mark Kilm is actually our client Mark Klym who got a judges choice.

If there is a Mark Kilm I humbly apologize but what are the odds.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Interesting, the conference photographer, Terrance L. Reimer, is one of the guys who does my prints at West Coast Imaging.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are some photos. There is one of the three winners photos on easels draped with red cloth.
    Bob Carnie, is one of the images the one your client won 2nd prize?
    She must have been thrilled. That was very good of you to encourage/help so many Canadian photographers to enter.

BWKate

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    There are some photos. There is one of the three winners photos on easels draped with red cloth.
    Bob Carnie, is one of the images the one your client won 2nd prize?
    She must have been thrilled. That was very good of you to encourage/help so many Canadian photographers to enter.

BWKate
    Hi Kate

Yes
    Auroras picture is the one on the left *woman on bridge*. It is from a series she produced for a show last year. basically her visual reaction to a personal life occurance,
    Thrilled is not the word , I think she almost passed out with excitement and since it is official she is spreading the word to all her friends.
    I am awaiting to see the remainder images on the calumet site as my business partner Kevin Viner got an honourable mention and we are curious to see which image.
    As well I am waiting to see Mark Kilms image as it may be a spelling mistake and actually be Mark Klym who is a client of mine. I can only tell by seeing the images as nobody *Aurora or Kevin* have been emailed from the organizers which I find kind of Mickey Mouse as it is over a week ago that the winners were known.

But with that said I am as proud as hell that my friends were selected

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob it was their first time giving a conference. They learned a lot about what to do and what not to do. They will get everything done. I know the guys from Ilford are still enroute home. They will be more organized next time. It's those unforseen little details you didn't know you needed to take care of, that bite you on the butt.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ironic to see one of the three winning prints on easels being photographed with a little p&s digicam.

Looks like it was a very engrossing event. Unfortunately, the day job interfered with attending. Fortunately, there's a day job that made missing it possible.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I saw the winning entries on Calumet's website; all very good images, and all deserving of praise. Congratulations to all the winners.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin