Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,482   Posts: 1,571,166   Online: 1247

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Steve Nickerson, Pulitzer winning shooter, needs help

Steve Nickerson, Pulitzer Prize winning shooter with the Rocky Mountain News is perilously ill from Scleroderma

He is getting relief from the Scleroderma Center at Johns Hopkins, but his Insurance / Employer refuses to pay a cent to the treatment.

1. Those wishing to help defray medical costs can do so via:

The Steven R. Nickerson Medical Donation Fund,
    P.O. Box 3060, Denver, CO 80201

2. Here is his story as told by a friend:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...603220350/1082
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We could do something, you know. There are LOTS of wonderful photographers here. I think that doing an auction kind of like what his friends set up would be an interesting idea. I don't really have anything to contribute to it yet, but I know lots of others do.

Anyone else think it's a good idea?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like he needs a pit bull attorney. I have fought many times with insurance companies. They do not give a damn about you. For them it is a matter of we pay for insurance, and it is their job to keep that money. The worst denial I had on an insurance claim was when my son was born. In writing from the insurance company, The full claim for the birth was denied stating it was a work related accident. I wrtote back saying I didn't like what they were calling me, and yes I did sleep with the boss, but I was married to him!

What Nickerson needs is an attorney who knows insurance law. He needs full documentation, and to get ready for a fight. It's a shame our insurance is only as good as fight we put up to get it.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve is a wonderful guy and a great photographer. In my opinion one of the best. I haven't seen him in years, but had heard of his illness from friends at the Freep. I hadn't realized he had gotten so bad. Such a shame. I for one will be sending a check. I am also more than happy to donate a print to the cause if it will help.

Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That sucks

If there is an after life, may the profit driven shareholders spend eternity suffering the horrors of all those who were refused help.

Murray

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin