Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,518   Online: 1027

Thread: Rocky Schenck

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rocky Schenck

Is anyone familiar with the work of Rocky Schenck? I would like to know about the techniques used by him to achieve these effects.

Here is a link to some of his work for you review

http://paulkopeikingallery.com/artis...enck/index.htm

Thanks,
    John

Shooter
    Large Format
    John,

If I were to hazard a guess I would say that this is all done in the printing. The appearance reminds me of a split grade print in which diffusion is used in a part of the hard exposure. Beyond that some quite noticeable edge burning and high contrast. But then again, this may be the second time that I have been wrong today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don, I think you may be on the right track- but I don't think it was all done in the printing. When I looked it his images, my response was Holga??
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read an interview with him in Camera Arts two years ago. He shoots everything with a 35mm Nikon SLR, and then does extensive darkroom manipulation including diffusion, bleaching and all other sorts of orange-light legerdemain. Cool stuff, isn't it?
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin