Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,311   Online: 1029
      
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    donbga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Posts
    2,084

    Free Video Tape (VHS) - "PRINTING WITH FRED PICKER"

    Hi ya'll,

    I have a VHS video tape that I will give away free except for the cost of shipping. Figure 2 lbs shipping weight with packaging, shipped via USPS Parcel Post only. Payment with PayPal requires a 4.5% surcharge, Personal checks or USPS money orders accepted.

    First person to PM me gets the tape. I'm just cleaning house and decluttering my life and would rather not toss the tape.

    Regards,
    Don Bryant

  2. #2
    donbga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Hi ya'll,

    I have a VHS video tape that I will give away free except for the cost of shipping. Figure 2 lbs shipping weight with packaging, shipped via USPS Parcel Post only. Payment with PayPal requires a 4.5% surcharge, Personal checks or USPS money orders accepted.

    First person to PM me gets the tape. I'm just cleaning house and decluttering my life and would rather not toss the tape.

    Regards,
    The tape is gone folks!
    Don Bryant

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    168

    Since "owning" it isn't terribly important, consider just passing it along

    to whomever would pay for the shipping .

  4. #4
    mmcclellan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA)
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    463
    This tape, by the way, is excellent! I've watched the whole series several times and the "printing" video is superb. Great primer on technique, even for the advanced printer.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    970
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcclellan
    This tape, by the way, is excellent! I've watched the whole series several times and the "printing" video is superb. Great primer on technique, even for the advanced printer.
    I have the three videos -- Printing, Photographing and Photographic Technique. I wonder if there were others?

    I agree, the printing video is the best. I learned a lot from it. All three are often for sale on Ebay.

    --John

  6. #6
    mmcclellan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA)
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    463
    No, it's only the three -- but they're the best series on photography I have seen from anywhere. He was a superb teacher and you see how all the Zone VI gear works there. I have all three and have watched them many times and no doubt will continue to do so.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East Marion, NY, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcclellan
    I have all three and have watched them many times and no doubt will continue to do so.
    I have the "printing with" and "photographing with" videos, and greatly enjoy watching them from time to time.

    You can't help but love a guy who doesn't use rapid fixers because he doesn't understand what the rush is. Hahahahaha!

    The "photographing with" video would have been stronger, IMHO, if Fred had devoted less of it to the portait of Judith Miller (did I get that name right?), but I really like the way he explained all the decisions he was making, leading up to the actual taking of each photograph. The ying and the yang, the zigging and the zagging; great stuff.
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

    - Fred Picker



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin