Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,311   Online: 1029

Shooter
    Large Format Pan

Free Video Tape (VHS) - "PRINTING WITH FRED PICKER"

Hi ya'll,

I have a VHS video tape that I will give away free except for the cost of shipping. Figure 2 lbs shipping weight with packaging, shipped via USPS Parcel Post only. Payment with PayPal requires a 4.5% surcharge, Personal checks or USPS money orders accepted.

First person to PM me gets the tape. I'm just cleaning house and decluttering my life and would rather not toss the tape.

Regards,
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Hi ya'll,

I have a VHS video tape that I will give away free except for the cost of shipping. Figure 2 lbs shipping weight with packaging, shipped via USPS Parcel Post only. Payment with PayPal requires a 4.5% surcharge, Personal checks or USPS money orders accepted.

First person to PM me gets the tape. I'm just cleaning house and decluttering my life and would rather not toss the tape.

Regards,
    The tape is gone folks!
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format

Since "owning" it isn't terribly important, consider just passing it along

to whomever would pay for the shipping .

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This tape, by the way, is excellent! I've watched the whole series several times and the "printing" video is superb. Great primer on technique, even for the advanced printer.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcclellan
    This tape, by the way, is excellent! I've watched the whole series several times and the "printing" video is superb. Great primer on technique, even for the advanced printer.
    I have the three videos -- Printing, Photographing and Photographic Technique. I wonder if there were others?

I agree, the printing video is the best. I learned a lot from it. All three are often for sale on Ebay.

--John

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    No, it's only the three -- but they're the best series on photography I have seen from anywhere. He was a superb teacher and you see how all the Zone VI gear works there. I have all three and have watched them many times and no doubt will continue to do so.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcclellan
    I have all three and have watched them many times and no doubt will continue to do so.
    I have the "printing with" and "photographing with" videos, and greatly enjoy watching them from time to time.

You can't help but love a guy who doesn't use rapid fixers because he doesn't understand what the rush is. Hahahahaha!

The "photographing with" video would have been stronger, IMHO, if Fred had devoted less of it to the portait of Judith Miller (did I get that name right?), but I really like the way he explained all the decisions he was making, leading up to the actual taking of each photograph. The ying and the yang, the zigging and the zagging; great stuff.
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin