Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,932   Online: 1193

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great, Sam.

Considering it's your joy you are sharing, I'll refrain from any political jokes about the quagmire between local, state and federal governments.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do not know you Sam, but I am very happy for you and your family. We took hits from Katrina and Wilma, but our house did not get totally damaged. Living without power, water, telephone for 6 weeks was nothing compared to what you have been through. God bless!
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sam,

What a relief this must be for you. I really can not imagine the difficulty that this must present for those in New Orleans at this time. The federal response has been a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportera
    ....and it only took, what, eight months.

I may gripe and groan but I am damn glad to have it finally. The air condition, hot water heater and toilet all work and I couldn't be happier! Came complete with pots and pans, silverware, plates and blankets. Even a mop and a broom!

I know its not much but its a small place that I can call my own (until they take it back). No more living out of a bag and not knowing where I'll sleep next month. I have been staying in some one elses trailer for the last month and renting one prior to that, while I'm away from NOLA working.

Seriously though, there are a lot of awfully good people who want to do good but are tied up in mountains of "home land security" paper work. Fema is now under home land security and everything takes an amazingly long time to do. I'm very sorry to say that I have lost faith in my governments ability to save us in a disaster. Far too many cheifs and too little Indians.

Sorry for the rant, I actually am happy just perplexed at how complicated everything has become.

Just wanted to share my joy with the group.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thank you all for the comments.

In reference to the progess in NOLA, what progress are you referring to. The progress of those in power to line their pockets with money meant for us? Simple answer there is none. Just in the news yesterday the cities deal to remove all those washed out cars fell through becuase some body in the gov didn't feel they got enough in the deal, so we still have these cars everywhere.

In my parish the Sheriff and Parish president is under investigation. The Sheriff was caught on camera looting jewlery in a Jewelery stor after the storm, his defense, he was taking it to a safer place. The parish president can't account for millions of dollars that the feds gave him.

The mayor of NOLA declares NOLA will be Chocolate again but now had billboards all over the city claiming the Ray Nagin is uniting the city as one people. He is also the one who said "How do we stop from being over runned by mexicans!"

Its no wonder no one is in a rush to get back here!
    Im not blaiming the FEDS only, its local,state,federal and the Governor who has let us down. Not to mention the N.O. police looting force.

Again thanks for the comments, and no there is no darkroom in the FEMA trailer........yet.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    .....and to clarify I have not received a dime from fema since October. A $2000 check two weeks after the storm, I used to pay bills that were due, (another story) and $2300 a month later I gave to the family that was housing and feeding us, all 37 of us. Some are taking as much as they can, I can't thats stealing because I am able to work.

I know of many still on unemployemnt, still living in FEMA payed apartments. People who have trailers in the yard of a perfectly sound yard because they thought they were going to something for nothing. Its these leeches that have taken from those that need the money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats Sam.

Your NOLA photo gallery postings are outstanding by the by..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've met Sam in person and he a terrific guy. The best. And he's become a good friend. He called me the other night when he finally got the trailer. It's ridiculous that it took this long.

And for the rest of you, keep an eye on www.nola.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks David, you are truly a good friend.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    National Geographic, Newsweek, Time, and the others can send all the photographers they want, but they won't have what you have...intimate, personal involvement which comes through in your images. Keep it up and enjoy your quiet nights - it must have been CRAZY where you were living!

Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Murray

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin