Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,270   Online: 849

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportera
    Its no wonder no one is in a rush to get back here!
    Im not blaiming the FEDS only, its local,state,federal and the Governor who has let us down. Not to mention the N.O. police looting force.
    Another issue, for those that do want to get back, is the greatly inflated cost of renting or real estate. I know it's a free market, but it almost feels like price gouging; where once the cost was quite reasonable to live in this awesome city. I hope it's just temporary, as I fear it could drain the city's soul. As to the bureaucracy, corruption, and cover-ups...it's sickening and there is so much the general public will never know.

Congratulations seem like a funny word to use, so best wishes with the Fema Cottage and moving forward thereafter. Any luck with the local publishers?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Still working on it Cameron. I am making a "proof" book or whatever you call it to show. Will let you know if the project goes any further

Real estate is robbery in NOLA and its surrounding area. House are selling for double what they were worth last year. Some banks refuse to lend money on these inflated homes, not worth the investment. People are asking the bank for 350k for a home appraised at 250k.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sam...you need to do a blog.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, it's ridiculous. If more people are to come back, and thus speed up the city's recovery, housing needs to be reasonable and commensurate with the jobs available.

I know your working hard on the project...can't wait to see the end results. I'm sure there will be positive rewards in one form or another. take care, cameron
    Last edited by agGNOME; 04-19-2006 at 11:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sam, glad to know that the trailer finally arrived. My best wishes to you and your family, and good luck with the book project. Like many here, I have seen your images and they are absolutely beautiful!

Regards,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin