Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,790   Online: 1035

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Michael and Paula iceland images

Was in the neighborhood a bit ago and stopped in to see two of my favorite photographers: Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee.

Was shown their latest work from their trip to Iceland.

All I can say is WOW!

Looking at them is almost enough to get one to throw a pixelrecorder and small camera both in the trash can. The tonal range, sharpness & sheer beauty of the images is something to see.

When they do a book on Iceland I will buy it and if I could afford it I would buy the prints. Some of the finest work I have seen in years.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I saw some of them at the conference in Toronto, if I remember correctly.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I look forward to seeing them also. I have Fred Pickers Icelandic portfolio and have enjoyed looking at anything Icelandic ever since.

Mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I visited Michael and Paula last July and saw some of the Iceland images. Amazingly I can still see them inasmuch as they were so stunningly beautiful. I've never had photographs make such an impression that lasts like this one. I'm not prone to ebullient language but they were magnificent. I'd have one in a heartbeat too if I could afford it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Too bad they weren't in color.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We are having a sunrise shoot just for you at 04:00 AM your time. Be there with color in your camera.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Too bad they weren't in color.
    When I asked in the conference tent, he said he was going back to Iceland this summer with color loaded in the 8x10 to shoot non-landscape stuff. Maybe he'll share the cross processing workshop with Callow next year

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I leave the beginning of July for about 6-8 with Michael and Paula to assistant them in Iceland. Its going to be a fantastic experience to work with both of them. I'm hoping to come back with some great images and look forward to sharing them with all of you.

I've heard NOTHING about Michael shooting 8x10 color...but who knows! I will ask him the next time we talk.

Michael and Paula still have a spot open on their Iceland Workshop, so if anyone is interested in going...contact them ASAP!

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin