Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,133   Online: 886

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Best Wishes Jorge, get well soon.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jesus, when I read "Let's remember Jorge" my heart started to beat rapidly. Please choose your words more carefully.

Jorge, I'm retired through a disability as a Radiologic Technologist and Radiation Therapist and my heart goes out to you. I studied radiation therapy in a large teaching university and I saw more hope than ever expected to. After I received a degree in Photography and Graphic design and attended Art
    Center College of Design then went to Brooks Institute I gave it all up and went into the medical field. My original photogrpahy teacher said we would never be great photogrpahers until we understood the human condition. I thought gee I am a combat veteran what more do I need to know. It nagged me all through photo schools and when done I went to work in a big city hospital and after twenty years of patient care I had, I believe became a Humanist. The teacher was right, so I found out. Time after time I saw patients who through the most adverse conditions possible walk out of the hospital. It's hard to put in words, it's an experiential thing. You probably have that insight only gained through adversity that so many will never know. Try to keep positive thoughts and we will too.

Best regards,

Curt

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hold firm to your beliefs, Jorge.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    Whew.... when I saw the title of the thread, for a moment there I thought it was an announcement of his passing...

Let's all continue to send him best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Ditto here. Please use appropriate subjects next time.

There's a lot of moments that I think about Jorge, my sister and aunt who are currently being treated for various sorts of cancer.

Treatment to full recovery is possible. I do have some family members who got chemotherapy and - years later - have fully recovered. Let's keep the hope.

G

Shooter
    35mm
    Best wishes, Jorge. I'm sure you'll be out taking pics soon!

Sudeep

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Jorge, stay strong, we need you.
    When I was 18 my mother did her first battle, she won that, and won a few more since then. I'm 39 now and she is out everyday taking photographs with her little Nikon and going strong.
    No, this isn't a Nikon recomendation thread its a stay strong thread Jorge. You can do it.
    Fintan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jorge, get plenty of rest/sleep and eat well - the radiation therapy wears you down. Check out nutrition information at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Patrick Quillin designed their dietery program. Good Health!

Btw, would love to see a book of your platinum prints, such as on the Colonial architecture of San Miguel de Allende.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stay strong. You can beat this thing.

Rick.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jorge, glad to hear it was an exaggerated statement. Must be a bit of Mark Twain in all of us. Chin up buddy. tim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It wasn't until Jorge took the time and patience to talk me through his brush development technique that I could use the more finicky films like Efke pl100. My first attempts at shuffling were disastrous. Now I use the technique for all my processing and have never had a scratch. Jorge, thank you my friend. You have given many of us more than we can ever repay you. And my hope and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Robert

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin