Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,991   Online: 797

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jorge hurry back to us! I need a good argument with someone who has a brain.

I started counting up the members of my family that have passed as a result of this insidious disease. It surprised me to learn it was nearly half. Only thing that made it bearable in retrospect is that it took until they were in their late 80's to ninties before it finished their job. Like my father, he just didn't feel well one day. He was found to have cancer riddled through his whole body to the point the Dr's didn't know how he could breathe let alone be alive and walking. The cancer didn't get him, but the fluids from pnumonia (sp) did. He was 92. Wishing you the stubborness of a Dane. May you drink with the rest under the table into your nineties. Stay fiesty, onery, stubborn, and brave. You have friends as they say, that give a shit about you!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Get well soon Jorge!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you all, I appreciate the support and enocuragement. The worst thing about this is the emotional toll it takes on all involved, not only me but my family and gf are tired of this...anyhow, I am hanging in there and hope to come out the other side in good shape...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hang in there Jorge, you don't need to worry about posting if you don't feel like it, but do remember that you have not been forgotten. FWIW, there was a big hole in Toronto at the APUG conference without you.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    I am sorry for my choice of words in opening this thread. I am glad that Sean or whoever changed the title to a more appropriate choice.

Jorge has been, in my experience, a wonderful positive influence to all in the photographic community. I personally have benefitted from his knowledge and experience more times then I can count.

I initially observed that Jorge could be a bit abrasive at times...but then so am I...I think that in Jorge's case that his passion speaks not only in his photographs but also in his words.

Get well soon, my friend...we all benefit from your presence...
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    PS. Iam certainly glad rumors of my demise are premature...
    Jorge,

My friend, pinch yourself to make sure you are not dreaming
    Hope all is going well with your treatment and the money pot has not dried up yet!

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Jorge,
    Our prayers are with you.
    -Rob Skeoch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Jorge hurry back to us! I need a good argument with someone who has a brain.
    Hmmm, I was willing to volunteer to help up until "good" and "has a brain"...

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jorge, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Best wishes for your return to health

APUG needs you. Try to keep your spirits up. Many people are thinking about you.
    Sincerely,
    Jerry Cunningham

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin