Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,720   Online: 747

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I currently have ten 8x20 vertical Platinum nudes on exhibit in Cleveland, Ohio. Sorry but the web page is still under construction

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang
    How about Jock Sturges?
    If I recall correctly, most of Jock's work is in the landscape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Howard Schatz does some very fine work.

Ralph Lambrecht, a member here, also produces outstanding work in this genre.

William Mortensen did some excellent nudes, and his book _The Model_ is the best book on the subject that I've read.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Peter, I am a big fan of Mortensen. Also a local boy of ours, Clarence White, who Steiglitz took to N.Y. as founding member of the photo-secession group.( Somewhere around 1899.) What a lot of people don't realize is that pictorialism didn't die in 1910 when Steiglitz renounced it. But Steiglizt was such a powerful figure that the mainstream immediately followed. Clarence H. White School of Photography stayed open until about 1947 and he continued to work in the pictorial style along with others like Mortensen. Mortensen's Monsters and Madonnas is some of my favorite works. You'd see a lot of that influence in my current exhibit. The use of soft focus, negative manipulation, make up, and masks is all incorporated in the current 8x20's. Nothing to the extreme as Mortensen but the influence is definitely there. I had a lot of fun with it. I hope to have it up on a website soon but I think I need someone to finish the design due to the fact that I simply don't have the time and with my computer skills it will never get done. That may be obvious seeing all my work is from in-camera negatives and my photoshop is an Adams retouch machine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin