Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,473   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I enjoy Ralph Steiner's quote when frustrated by trying to capture highlight glints etc on a bottle of liquor: "Anythng not worth doing at all is not worth doing well."
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://todayspictures.slate.com

All Magnum photographers, different each day. There is a quote to the right of the main daily image. I often find them quite interesting, though I have not written down any yet. Today's quote is from Burt Glinn: A great photograph should say everything.

Ciao!

Gordon

I've quoted my favorite here at APUG before,

"Never confuse sharp with good or you'll end up shaving with an ice cream cone and licking a razor." - Bill Pierce

Take care,
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know to many off the top of my head, but I know that the most over used photography quote is the one where Ansel Adams refers to the negative as the score and the print the performance.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Weegee's quote ...

"F/16 and be there!"

Or something like that. I've heard it "F/8 and be there" too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "If you make pictures, don't speak, don't write, don't analyze yourself and don't answer any questions." - Robert Doisneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think anyone has mentioned yet G. B. Shaw's famous remark that a photographer is like the cod that lays a thousand eggs that one may live. He admitted that this came from his own experience of throwing away most of the pictures he took.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "A photographer who does not know how to translate his feelings and ideas into a graphically satisfactory form is bound to produce ineffective photographs, no matter how idealistic, compassionate, sensitive or imaginative he may be. For in order to be considered good, a photograph must not only say something worthwhile, it must say it well." Andreas Feininger

"I've always believed a great photographer should concentrate more on depth of feeling and less on depth of field." Max Dupain

"I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed" Garry Winogrand

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug a camera." Lewis Hine

Images
    "There's nothing worth photographing more than 100 yards from the car," Brett Weston.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "why is everything so black, oh the lenscap is still on" anonymous

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin