Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,747   Online: 976

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Sportera's photos

I'm very moved by the photos posted by Sportera. When I think that what the photos show is the destruction of a lifestyle, the elimination of the tangible link with the past and when the cleanup is finished all that will be left is the memories and the tangible link will be gone, then I have to admire Sportera's persistence in recording this even though it must be very painfull. I wish these photos had never been necessary, but I'm glad that we are able to see them and I hope that Sportera continues making them.

I know this has been said before, but the more of these photos I see, the more I am moved and the more I am impressed by the spirit of the people who just pick up and keep going ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amen to that!! Sam's photos are just incredible, infused with so much insight, tenderness and caring. I eagerly await a book of his photos of this project.
    Thank you very much Sam for sharing this experience with us.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format
    I agree...Sam is doing a wonderful thing in his work.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's a rare thing when a significant moment in history comes, and there is someone there with the skills and the clarity of artistic vision to document it in such a personal way. Sam's Katrina work will only gain in importance with time, because nature will eventually grow over and erase what it destroyed, yet his images will remain. We're priveliged to witness his work unfold.

Murray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been lucky enough to meet Sam and can say he is one of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met.

And then when you hear his story, how his house was flooded by water and crude oil, and how the gov't is telling him to piss off, you can barely contain yourself.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Sportera

Hey you like his work so much why don't you support him? Just a random thought guys.....
    Best to everyone, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree. If I were a rich man, I'd buy a bunch of Sam's prints. But, I'm not, so I can't. But, Sam certainly has my moral support and admiration.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    I agree. If I were a rich man, I'd buy a bunch of Sam's prints. But, I'm not, so I can't. But, Sam certainly has my moral support and admiration.
    Me too. I choose to have a not so good paying job because it doesn't suck out my soul and allows me time with our daughter, and my wife is a stay at home Mom...I can barely buy materials for my own photography. Please don't insinuate that I don't care because I don't purchase.

Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sam/Sportera's work shines. You can actually feel his emotions through his images. This is some of the best work I've seen. I hope he continues his work with the same intensity and emotion.
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Actually, I've been working on writing a statement about his work that I will finish in a day or so.

In the meantime, if anyone has connections to a book publisher, we need to get them in touch with Sam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin