Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,277   Online: 792

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    interesting points , especially you angie .

i dont particully worry about the services required as i offer full digital & film methods , of course all commissions are originally on film to begin with ?

digi prints from film are far more better quality as we know , & wet prints the ultimate !

However there dont seem to be many ppl in the uk prepared to pay for film photographers services , only the well off & thats a few .

One point i would like to make is YES , i get a far better rate of income from my prices & services , but with less commissions , so it balances it out . I think gone are the days film photographers earn massive incomes & i for one am struggling with many others to stay in the industry !

simon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Simon,

What is your business website address? I hope it isn't the one in your signature.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Roteauge , why do you hope it not my signiture ?

if you check my profile you will find it ?

but to make it easier FOR YOU heres a few !

www.perfect-imagesprophotos.co.uk

www.greatshot.multiply.com

Simon , need more then i will supply ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perfect
    I can't speak for others, but I'd suggest linking to a forum from a main business-oriented page, if you need the forum at all. In my mind, a business site should provide background info, services, prices, samples of work, etc... all within easy reach. If you have to go searching for it, someone else probably has an easier site to navigate.
    I'm not marketing/advertising consultant, I've just seen what works.
    Hope this helps.
    Chris

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Dave

again i here whats being said here , & i suppose it is a valid point , & boils down to what we are prepared as individuals to earn ?
    Try writing for the photographic press when there are people that BOAST that they don't buy magazines, just go to Borders and read them for two hours in the coffee shop.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Simon,

I was just trying to get a sense of your work. When I opened the site in your signature, I found a discussion forum, not a website to sell you skills and talents.

I went to look at the site you list below. Love your introduction page, but it doesn't give me the sense that you are a portrait photographer - a skateboarder and images of graffiti - good work, but not what I expect of a portrait photographer. However, you introduction page has way too much text, don't tell us what you do, show us what you do. Take a look at these two websites:

http://www.nicoleboenigmcgrade.com
    http://www.michaelmcblane.com/

Notice, that they both place their empahsis on images. Portrait photography is about making people feel good about themselves, and that isn't something that you can do with words. People wanting your services don't care if you use film or why you use film, they want to know if your images will make them look good. Notice one thing about these two sites I highlighted above - both these photographers use film (they are APUG members) - their images are what their websites are about.

I looked through your site, you do good work, but it isn't presented in a manner that shows them off well. I don't mean to sound overly critical, but I've been in the web business for a long time, and I just don't get the sense that you are showing off your work to its fullest extent - everything you do, must reflect how good your work is, and that includes your website.

Robert

if you check my profile you will find it ?

but to make it easier FOR YOU heres a few !

www.perfect-imagesprophotos.co.uk

www.greatshot.multiply.com

Simon , need more then i will supply ?
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    good points again Chris , but as for the forum looking for / searching for clients , i dont think so , it works the other way around ! but my photography & services are for all my clients & general feedback from my clients is cool , . They like the idea of being part of a community photographer & is businesses ?

And to be honest the forum brings in work for all photographers not just me ?

i have spent nearly 20 years in business marketing 7 longer in photography ?

i think chris your point is fair but a little of the topic of this post !

cheers simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Roger could you explain a little , iam a bit slow on uptake at times ! cheers

Roteague i think you have gone of the topic here a little & suggest you go back to my website & look closer , it is the gateway to over 200 images of mine for clients to view , obviously you did not look at it close enough ? As for me being a portrait photographer ? iam a "photographer " shooting many fields as my site says ?

cheers simon lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sorry Roger with you now !

Mr Hicks i take my hat of to you , i could not do what you do , i have seen and viewed some of your works over the years cool stuff fellow photographer ! i didnt relise who you was at first , until i read your last name

regards simon smith

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Simon,

Thanks for the kind words.

The point is, everyone wants to EARN as much as possible and SPEND as little as possible. If they thought this through they would see that no-one wants to pay them either...

Cheers,

R

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin