Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,604   Online: 1067

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Roger ,

i agree with everything you said in your last post , SO were are us working photographers going to end up ?

simon

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    £ 150.00 is a lot of money for one photo. Most ordinary people can't afford that, or at least you would have a hard time explaing to them why your work is worth that. Let us assume this is the net salary of a working man for two or three days. With a substantial portion of the people in western economies not even having any work. Now explain why you need to get that money from them for showing up and taking a few pictures.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Simon,

Alas I cannot offer much encouragement unless things change. I am fortunate that in the last 3 years or so I have rearranged my life so that I no longer need to earn as much as I did a few years ago, cashing in the equity on the house in Kent and moving to France where I could buy somewhere without a mortgage.

All I can say is the French phrase, 'Bonne Courage'. Wish I could say more.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Petzi , read the post mate

£150 is for a complete sitting providing the client with all 6x4 images of the shoot & 6mb files on disk of all images ?

cheers simon lol

ps/ i do charge higher than that fee , for one photograph framed & mounted thou . But in this case i was trying to save the client money !

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I read it. I read that all she really wanted was one picture.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i to Roger have not been that trueful , i semi retired at 28 when i finished my services back in 1983 with the parachute reg , so i suppose the business is for the kids & grand kids to give them a start i never had

cheers simon take care all the best .

ps/ i have several of your books by the way !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thats right Petzi , one pic she wanted , but i offered her a second to none package offering alot more , i may have done ok with my photography , but i cant even put a roll of film in the cam for one shot for £50 , unless other clients are in the line ?? for work !

simon

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    That's OK, but when she came to you wanting one picture, you tried to sell her a package for £ 150.00. Then she found another photographer who would sell her a picture for £ 50.00. How would you decide?

It's a little bit like going to the car merchant, looking for a small passenger car to drive to the supermarket, and then the merchant offers you a great deal on a Mercedes bus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Petzi

i certainly wouldnt of picked a digital imager , that was going to give her a pro-am raw / jpeg image at best ?

And i no she would not pay in excess of £200 for a framed & mounted photograph , so i tried to meet her half way , by offering a package of quality at a exceptionably low pro price ?

simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Simon
    I would also have loosed 2 Weddings this year if I would not have gone digital!
    I now can do it traditional and digital and promote it also. Digital is for the cheapys and negs are for the upper segment!
    This sounds even more professinal on a AD if I state I can do booth!!!
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin