Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,105   Online: 1008

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ... and I wouldn't exactly say that Capa was "invisible"!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C.
    Funny statement, btw, none of the 3 greats mentioned above print themselves!
    Just a curiosity.

Cheers

André

Hello André,

Perhaps they all realized that someone else could do a better job printing their negatives than they could accomplish. On the opposite end of that, I know a couple master printers that I could honestly state do more so-so images than great ones, though their prints are all quite fantastique (technically). It does not seem that capturing the images, and expressing the images as prints are equal skills. Wasn't one or more of the Westons having someone else in the family make prints?

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrBremerhaven
    Hello André,

Perhaps they all realized that someone else could do a better job printing their negatives than they could accomplish. On the opposite end of that, I know a couple master printers that I could honestly state do more so-so images than great ones, though their prints are all quite fantastique (technically). It does not seem that capturing the images, and expressing the images as prints are equal skills. Wasn't one or more of the Westons having someone else in the family make prints?
    Hi Gordon,

As I said, just a curiosity!

Ciao

André

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Brett Weston
    Ansel Adams
    Fred Sommer
    Ray McSavaney!!!

My Favorites......

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin