Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,928   Online: 808

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Who's that photographer????

This is a stab in the dark, because there are probably many answers to the question:

Last year I was reading a post on a forum linking to websites showcasing a couple photographers' work. The post was directed at somebody seeking examples of 'master works/master photographers' for learning purposes.

Anywho, one of the photographers (Argggggh- I can't remember the name!) really caught my eye and I saved the link, but went to find it again recently and it's gone. He was a true genius with the subtleties of shadows and highlight- bold and stark sometimes. The pictures that stand out in my mind were a couple of adobe alleyway shots, and one of a wall (I believe of peeling paint). They were the type of shots that made me think "wow that's amazing- how did he get the light to look so dramatic ????" I checked through the Masters of Photography website, and although some were similar, the photos/photographer was not there. I keep thinking it was Edward Weston, but I can't find a site of his work that shows these photos. Does anybody know who this might be? It's driving me nuts trying to figure it out!!!
    If only we could pull out our brains and use only our eyes. P. Picasso

http://www.timbowlesphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Minor White? Paul Strand?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jack Dykinga, Joe Cornish?
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    white & strand or any of the dozen people who go to the same places every day in the years since.

us or... spain? could be hcb

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Maybe Strand, he shot alot of adobe houses when he went to New Mexico in 1930, 31 and 1932 summers.
    Check his book "Southwest" and one exibition of it!

http://www.photoeye.com/templates/mS...?Catalog=AP480

http://www.cincinnatiartmuseum.org/a...=128&zoneid=66

Good luck with your hunt!

André

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin