Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,885   Online: 1063

Shooter
    35mm

Edward S. Curtis's

The North American Indian

All 20 Volumes can be found here

I Love his photos and the books are really fun to read! Just sharing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may (or may not) be interested in two of the essays in the book Photography's Other Histories edited by Christopher Penney and Nicolas Peterson.

"When is a photograph worth a thousand words?" by Hulleah J Tsinhnahjinnie and "Navajo and photography" by James Faris both discuss work by Curtis, among others.

Best,
    Helen
    Last edited by Helen B; 08-16-2006 at 06:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I love Curtis' work. Thanks for reminding me about the site. I once had it bookmarked but it was swallowed up with all my other bookmarks after a browser upgrade.

Helen - thank you for the recommendations.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A Curtis print is one of the few photos I've ever bothered to purchase. Great stuff.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    A Curtis print is one of the few photos I've ever bothered to purchase. Great stuff.
    One of my biggest regrets collecting photogrpahs was my failure to purchase a Curtis gravure at a very reasonable price from a gallery in Santa Fe a couple of years ago.
    Don Bryant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin