Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,239   Online: 1108

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Richard,
    I also liked your series over on LF photo forum.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Not wanting to miss any posts from the 'Photographer's Notebook', is there a way that I can subscribe to a user's post just like I can with a thread? Thanks
    Larry
    Bessa L, Electro 35 GSN, Elan 7NE, Olympus XA and XA2, Digital Rebel XT

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by picturetaker
    Not wanting to miss any posts from the 'Photographer's Notebook', is there a way that I can subscribe to a user's post just like I can with a thread? Thanks
    I don't know if that will be available in the new software, but what you could do is click on the user's name or avatar, go to their profile, and find a link to "more posts by this user" or something like that, and bookmark it.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not post these as articles, as they seem to suit that type of presentation more than they suit a discussion forum.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    Why not post these as articles...
    Great idea.

B.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Richard,

I think this is a very nice thing you're doing, sharing your experiences.

Also, I find myself agreeing with you about great photos. The message is clear, the photo is a chapter all its own. Recently browsing a library book of great news photos, that was the very thing that jumped out at me on the best of the best.

I'm a bit of a re-entry photographer myself, picking up my neglected cameras again when I needed to illustrate a book I'd written. The book is done, well illustrated, and I haven't put the cameras away yet. On the contrary, in my photographic rebirth I've picked up some of the MF cameras I pined after 25 years ago as an amatuer, learned B/W development, learned Photoshop, and purchased a Widelux (35mm version) for panos. Have even experimented with splicing 2-3 Widelux photos together in Photoshop, for 180d or more views. Composition is more difficult the farther you go with that idea, though.

I'll try to follow along on this thread. I probably won't comment much, as my eyes and ears work better than my mouth. But I'll be watching... Thanks for your time and wisdom.

Best,
    Doug Grosjean

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    Why not post these as articles, as they seem to suit that type of presentation more than they suit a discussion forum.
    I agree with Helen. That way the articles would be easy to find and could be quickly pulled up for reference.
    —Eric

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin