Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,076   Online: 947

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    FWIW, I've known Paul for over 10 years. We've been in group shows together a few times. While I found the original posting odd, I can tell you the quality of Paul's silver prints is absolutely top notch and his standards are VERY high. If he says his inkjet prints are usually superior to the silver conterparts, I absolutely believe that to be the truth. And notice he still uses film! I hope Paul will stick around APUG despite the knee-jerk attitude of some of the anti-digital zealots. APUG can be a good place for discussing ethical and aesthetic issues of photography, not just nuts and bolts, and believe me, Paul has a great deal to contribute in those areas. There are few people I know who are as perceptive and articulate about art and photograhpy as Paul.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2013 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimcollum
    Just looked at your work. gorgeous.
    Thanks.
    do you sell it? do you have problems giving up your favorites?
    What? And break my streak?

I've had offers but can't bear to part with a few of them...Some I could let go. I have in my head the idea to actually make two plates of each subject if time permits...one to show and one to go...time hasn't permitted that in the field as of yet. Perhaps inside in the studio this winter it will be a different story.

Joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz
    I have in my head the idea to actually make two plates of each subject if time permits...one to show and one to go...time hasn't permitted that in the field as of yet. Perhaps inside in the studio this winter it will be a different story.

Joe
    Joe,

That's what I've been doing since most of my recent collodion work has been in studio. I often end up with 2 or 3 plates for a given image. I keep one, then the other(s) are up for grabs. Even so, as you know, each plate is different and may be 'better' or 'worse' in different ways, so sometimes deciding who stays and who goes is difficult. Now that I've sold a few, it's getting a little easier to let them go...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2013 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the friendly words, Kerik and Jim and everyone else. If I feel I have anything to contribute, I'll swing by.

P

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    While I found the original posting odd, ...
    That OP was meant only to be some what informative.
    I'm sure it has been, and of interest.

I happened to be searching Google for an epinion Paul
    posted some years ago applauding Forte Fortezo. Specifically
    I was hoping to confirm his saying that he managed 2 1/2
    grades from the Grade 3 he used. I had it mind for years
    that he used some brew such as Beer's or even Adams'
    Ansco 130. I now wonder if so much control is
    possible with such developers.

I know he does compound his own chemistry. He has a film
    developer listed at Jacks Pics. Steve Anchell and he have
    collaborated on a modified FX-11. Likely his Nelson Gold
    toner has been fine tuned by himself. Dan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin