Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,500   Online: 793

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    The show has things you normally don't see in a show of this sort. "Outtakes" of some of his famous images are really good to see. So are the negatives and the contact sheets.

If you do go to the AIC, and if you feel the room illumination is too low, please let them know. I feel that all their shows (I am a member) are way too dark and you really can't see the print very well. I've heard the standard response that keeping the illumination low is less stressful on the prints, but once you get below a certain level, you may as well look at the images in the book in the bookstore which has much better illumination levels.

Rant off. It still is a very good show by a very good artist.

John

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's always good to see outtakes and contacts as they give extra insight into a photographer's thought processes,-you see how and why they arrived at the point they did (recent Arbus show in London was a case in point).
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin