Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,851   Online: 837

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Zxorb, a photographer worth looking at

http://www.aros.net/~zxorb/

Richard Prehn, ZXORB, is a wild and crazy photographer that makes his own sets and comes up with photos that are often hand painted and look anything but a photograph. He has given seminars for Marshall oils and has taught workshops in the old Soviet Russia as well. His website gives some good examples of his work and is worth a look. I post this as a friend who doesn't do this type of work but I sure do enjoy some of what he does.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Interesting experiments... nice (nic-)name...

Although I find his formalistic-stylistic approach rather naive, I like some of the results...

Thanks for the link.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard has been a friend for a long time. He has given seminars for Marshalls handcoloring and sure is interesting and entertaining as he does so.

I have watched his latest stuff coming out mounted on large circuit boards, those big plastic circuit boards for computers and electronic machinery. Some different mounting methods and overcoating that is interesting. His stuff on stainless steel and aluminum with welded framing an integral part of the artwork is also worth seeing.

Thought I would give him a plug on here as his stuff is a bit different than much of what we usually see posted.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wow, I love his work, thanks for the link.

J
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks. To me = inspirational!

Gene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for sharing this...I just PM'd you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Interestingly, I had the opportunity to meet Richard last night. He is genuinely passionate about his work. I would venture that he has no choice, but to create, and that his work is, and will continue to be, an incredible personal journey, that he shares for those who wish to see. I am very glad for the opportunity to have met him.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gotta love Richard! I too met him Saturday night. We sat and swapped stories of when we got in trouble. Such a kindred soul. Hubby just shook his head when I said it would be fun to do a road trip with Richard. I think hubby was wondering if he should start saving for the bail money.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those interested in seeing Richards current work, go to http://www.zxorb.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin