Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,866   Online: 1027

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ken,

I will only say that there were some differences of opinion that lead to unpleasant discussions in the forums. And I too would like him to return. I have had some communication with Jorge on the Large Format Forum Website, but I have not visited the Forum recently.

Contact Sean. He may provide additional information, but he may choose not to.

Rich
    Last edited by naturephoto1; 09-28-2006 at 10:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure if he is ready for PRIME TIME, but just noticed that Jorge has a VERY NICE website up now for those that love his work and would like to see it.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I didn't know that he was banned from Apug. I missed that episode and miss having Jorge posting. I agree with aggie that Jorge's personality is not one of the easiest around but in my opinion he was a great apugger.
    I don't undertsand why we have to get so personal in such an impersonal medium as is the internet. Why do we need to do this and why do we need the "Ignore User" buttons. Sorry, I just don't get it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc View Post
    Not sure if he is ready for PRIME TIME, but just noticed that Jorge has a VERY NICE website up now for those that love his work and would like to see it.

Mike,
    Thanks for the heads up on Jorge's site. I just emailed him and commended him on it. He said that he used Kevin Saitta's(sp?) software. He said that it was easy to put together and that the software that Kevin provides is simple to use. Jorge asked that I give credit to Kevin for the appearance of Jorge's site.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this the same Jorge who hates and is abusive toward Steve Simmons of View Camera magazine? Or do we have multiple Jorges? If it's the same person, I got tired of the rants and made use of the "ignore" function for the first time. I have criticized specific problems at View Camera myself, but I will only read personal invective toward a specific person for so long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Is this the same Jorge who hates and is abusive toward Steve Simmons of View Camera magazine? Or do we have multiple Jorges? If it's the same person, I got tired of the rants and made use of the "ignore" function for the first time. I have criticized specific problems at View Camera myself, but I will only read personal invective toward a specific person for so long.
    You were not around on apug when the things that have set Jorge off about Steve occured. In fact on this one, Jorge had very good reasons for not trusting Steve.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM View Post
    He was banned? Why?
    For those not involved the why would not be for their consumption. I don't know the whole of it, -- it wasn't any of my business -- but what I do know leads me to believe that unless you hear it from Jorge take what you hear with a grain of salt.

None the less Ole's post is great news, and the site looks excellent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    You were not around on apug when the things that have set Jorge off about Steve occured. In fact on this one, Jorge had very good reasons for not trusting Steve.
    Just curious: how much longer do you think he will have just cause for his abuse of Steve, for something that happened a long time ago? Wasn't it just a case of Steve not publishing an article by Jorge? Jorge was giving Steve hell only a couple of days ago (maybe it was on the large format forum that I finally put him on my ignore list--the only person on it). No grudge is worth the investment of energy it takes to berate someone over the course of several years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chazzy,
    You can dislike Jorge's behavior, but you are not fully informed. -- there is more to Jorge's ongoing fight with Steve S than the article. I think it is a good idea to put people you don't like or enjoy on ignore. It might also be good idea to not discuss people who aren't here to defend themselves.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    I think it is a good idea to put people you don't like or enjoy on ignore. It might also be good idea to not discuss people who aren't here to defend themselves.
    Ditto!

Cheers

André

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin