Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,771   Online: 1281

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jorge's website looks great! I am glad to see him working again and miss his contributions here. I don't think I know of anyone else who has the heart and passion for their work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller View Post
    Mike,
    Thanks for the heads up on Jorge's site. I just emailed him and commended him on it. He said that he used Kevin Saitta's(sp?) software. He said that it was easy to put together and that the software that Kevin provides is simple to use. Jorge asked that I give credit to Kevin for the appearance of Jorge's site.
    Donald, Thanks for the info...I did send Jorge and email link from the new site. And in true Jorge fashion he wants to give credit to Kevin. For those that do not know Jorge, he really is one of the most intense/passionate photographers I have ever known. Glad to see him active again, and hope to see much new work on the new site..and wish him much success with it.

Eveyone should have at least one Jorge print...If you have one you will know what I mean, if not ...... get one, they are wonderfull.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would vote to "unbanish" Jorge. Looks like I need to order a print. tim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good news about Jorge. Bad news about the banning, but seems typical for apug nowadays. I really miss Jorge's posts and contributions.

I would also "vote" to bring Jorge back. But it seems that I am no longer a 'subscriber' here any more so I probably wouldn't be able to do any voting. Odd coincidence!!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RichSBV View Post
    I would also "vote" to bring Jorge back. But it seems that I am no longer a 'subscriber' here any more so I probably wouldn't be able to do any voting. Odd coincidence!!!
    If your subscriber status changes for an unknown reason, contact Sean. It will only expire, normally, at the end of the period you subscribed for.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    I had a nightmare last night. Jorge was full of piss and vinegar and he bitch slapped Agatha. Here is the scary part, I could not see Agatha's knees.

I so much hope for a complete recovery by Jorge but since the man is not suicidal he will not bitch slap Agatha..she would drive over him with the nearest available semi.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colivet View Post
    I don't undertsand why we have to get so personal in such an impersonal medium as is the internet..
    Do you commute by car? If you do, you can answer your own question. Anonymity breeds an extraordinary lack of courtesy.

As to Jorge, I absolutely love his work. He's one of the very few p&p printers who actually seem to fulfill the promise of that medium. As to his pricklyness...geez...the net, as is quoted above, is an impersonal medium...treat it the way you should regard roadraging drivers...get out of their way and ignore them. Think happy thoughts. When you get where you're going...have a double!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    As I recall things, it wasn't quite the standard banishment "sine die" that applied. It was more like a mutual agreement that for the immediate future which was then, it would be beneficial for both parties(APUG and Jorge) to have a trial separation. The door was left open, presumably based on an understanding being reached as to future conduct that would be mutually acceptable to both parties.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft View Post
    I had a nightmare last night. Jorge was full of piss and vinegar and he bitch slapped Agatha.
    There is absolutely no way I can think of Aggie as Agatha....no way, knees or not!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    LSD might help.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin