Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,542   Posts: 1,544,394   Online: 1017

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Lee.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Not blessed with either the education or as I now see the life experience to know the relevant term, I sought enlightenment through research. The result amused so that I wanted to share.

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Bitch+Slap

John Powers

1. bitch slap
    To open handedley slap someone. Denote disrespect for the person being bitch slapped as they are not worthy of a man sized punch. Suggests the slap was met with little resistance and much whining
    Kieth owed me that $20 for weeks and I had to bitch slap the M.F. to get it back.

2. Bitch Slap
    As distinguished from the more common "pimp slap", a bitch slap is preceded by ample forewarning and delivered with a flourish or exaggerated post-blow hip movements. Nonetheless, the blow is firm and may involve an open forehand or backhand.

A "pimp slap", to the contrary, is regularly delivered without announcement and oftentimes over breakfast at an IHOP, on a subway platform, or numerous other indiscriminately chosen venues. The blow is always, always struck with the back of ones hand as to do otherwise is bad form. And the hip motion that accompanies a pimp slap provides the torque to knock a bitch silly.
    Those guys on Christopher Street like to play around bitch slapping each other and running and shit, but I didn't know what a proper pimp slap was until Charlie the bus driver knocked his old lady silly at a Starbucks the other day. Apparently Charlie told the misses not to use bleach on his draws as the bleach makes him itch. All I know was that Charlie was scratchin his nuts real hard before he set that latte down, planted his feet, twisted his body and, with his knuckles initially scraping the floor, uncorked the definition of a modern day pimp slap. Old girl was out for a good five minutes.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    John, It is good to see that you are expanding your vocabulary. This may prove to be useful in case you decide to do an urban photographic series. You will have the lingo down pat and the baby jogger will fit right in with all the shopping carts. Now just add a tattered wardrobe to the mix and you'll go virtually unnoticed.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Robert,

Ah yes, the urban photographic series, four years of retirement has brought the tattered wardrobe. I am thinking of adding a scabbard to the baby jogger to round out "the look". Something to hold the old Remington 870 12 gauge pump. Yet another definition of ghetto blaster. I wonder if the automatic would be a better tool to function fit?

John Powers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Robert,

Ah yes, the urban photographic series, four years of retirement has brought the tattered wardrobe. I am thinking of adding a scabbard to the baby jogger to round out "the look". Something to hold the old Remington 870 12 gauge pump. Yet another definition of ghetto blaster. I wonder if the automatic would be a better tool to function fit?

John Powers
    Nah- saw off the Remmington, and mount it on a pistol-grip. Even better, mod it to take belt-feed ammo

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Redirect: All silliness and word play aside, I think it is wonderful that Jorge has recovered sufficiently from what must have been a terrible ordeal and is back producing really brilliant work. I personally am grateful for wisdom given by him in the past and for his ability as has been said to separate the truth from what is also often offered in its place.

If he is not to be here by mutual agreement that is none of my concern. I happily wander between here and the LF Forum and gain much from each site. I am glad Jorge is still with us and where I read his thoughts is simply a matter of clicking the mouse.

John Powers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Nah- saw off the Remmington, and mount it on a pistol-grip. Even better, mod it to take belt-feed ammo
    that's known as the "T.D. Jakes" 'cause it'll makeya see Jesus!

Shooter
    35mm
    I put a pistol grip on my 870, shot it once, and took it back off. Pretty much just for the movies and posers. Its nota particularly good iteration for that particular weapon.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having been through a similar experience to Jorge's about 13 years ago, I can tell you it makes you a little crazy for a while.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller View Post
    Mike,
    Thanks for the heads up on Jorge's site. I just emailed him and commended him on it. He said that he used Kevin Saitta's(sp?) software. He said that it was easy to put together and that the software that Kevin provides is simple to use. Jorge asked that I give credit to Kevin for the appearance of Jorge's site.
    Just to add to what Donald metioned, I got an email from Jorge yesterday and he ask that I mention Kevin's software as well. If you click on the link from the sponsers page you will find kevin's site. I have had several nice PM's and emils from Kevin in the past and having seen Jorge's site am more than Happy to direct anyone wanting to build their own web site his direction.

A couple of Great guys (Kevin and Jorge) so giving a plug for both is just to easy for me. Thanks for all you guys do..
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin