Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,235   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Jim- is the prioritization of Borat over Fur due to your daughters' influence?
    Hell No, I'm not letting them see that.

The prioritization is due to the fact that I nearly laugh myself into incontinence every time I view a clip from it. It's already a cult classic and hasn't even been released. I'm almost counting the hours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm loooking forward to seeing this. I still have a hard time seeing Nicole Kidman as Diane Arbus. She seems not quite right... too tall, perhaps?

I don't know... Natalie Portman, maybe?

Thanks for the link, Dorothy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll definitely see it. I saw the trailer a month or so back. While it may not be much in the way of an actual biography, I enjoyed the look of reverence on Nicole Kidman's face while she slowly unwraps a Rollei.

And the Rollei gets a close up! Gotta love that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by terri View Post
    I'll definitely see it. I saw the trailer a month or so back. While it may not be much in the way of an actual biography, I enjoyed the look of reverence on Nicole Kidman's face while she slowly unwraps a Rollei.

Also, a Sinar Norma 5x7 with what looks to be a Commercial Ektar gets a lot of screen time too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Touché!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Also, a Sinar Norma 5x7 with what looks to be a Commercial Ektar gets a lot of screen time too.
    This is what I'm saying! At last, a movie that has some star power.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will definitely have a hard time with Nicole Kidman as Diane Arbus. she's too ....hmm.... 'cute'. I agree, the cameras will be the best bit.

Cate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    "... Was this adapted from the Patricia Bosworth book...?"
    There's an interview with the Director, Steven Shainberg, in the current issue of American PHOTO.

Although the film is supposedly based on Bosworth's bio, Shainberg apparently added quite a bit himself -- his "father and uncle had known Arbus through her lover Marvin Israel." The article/interview goes on to say the "movie is mostly fiction" focusing on an "invented relationship" and "tries to imagine the artistic transformation" Arbus underwent "during three months in 1958."

Still, I intend to see it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be curious to see what others think after seeing the film (myself included).

I figure...it might be the way I view an image by Arbus. Always wondering 'what next' or where things lead. Such as the famous image of the twin girls:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...5051200902.jpg

Kinda neat seeing them now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Revy View Post
    I still have a hard time seeing Nicole Kidman as Diane Arbus. She seems not quite right... too tall, perhaps?
    Yikes, Nicole Kidman... I don't like to put down another Aussie but I think she is a B grade actress at best. I think I'll give it a miss...

And what about her judgement... Tom Cruise and then a guy who has to go into major rehab a few months after here comes the bride....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin