Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,831   Posts: 1,582,301   Online: 1062

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

My New Book "Recollections" Special Offer for APUG Members

APUG Friends,

I wanted to let you know about my new book, Recollections: Three Decades of Photographs, and hope this is the appropriate forum to do so. I don't mean this to be an overtly "commercial" announcement, but I am very excited with the way my new book has turned out. I feel that Dave Gardner, and the skilled crew at Dual Graphics, has attained reproduction quality that is the finest I have ever achieved in replicating my silver prints.

You can learn more about the book by visiting my web site http://www.johnsexton.com If you are so inclined to purchase the book, autographed copies are available at a discounted price, and I have made arrangements at the Ventana Editions online store http://www.ventanaeditions.com for free ground shipping within the 48 United States for APUG members. Simply enter the discount code 'APUG' at the during the checkout procedure, and you will receive free shipping on my new book, along with any other items purchased.

There's also a place on the order form where you can indicate if you would like a book personally inscribed. I have been traveling for the past two weeks conducting lectures and seminars on the East Coast, so shipment of autographed and inscribed books will take a little bit of time, but the books are in stock, and will begin to ship again when I return home to Carmel Valley, and can catch up on the backlog of orders for inscribed books that have accumulated.

Recollections is also available through a variety of online and traditional book retailers.

For those that might be attending the PhotoPlus Expo in New York later this week - November 2-4 - I will be conducting book signings each day of the event at the Kodak booth and Light Impressions booth. Recollections will be available at the Expo for a special discounted price - thanks to the good folks at Light Impressions. I will also be conducing a seminar, “Focus on Black and White” from 9:00 to 11:00 am on Friday, November 3rd. Detailed information on the seminar and book signing times can be found at my web site,

If you have any questions, please email info@johnsexton.comrather than through a PM, of call 831-659-3130.

THANKS!

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations on the new book. It is great to see you post here on APUG. I had the privilege of seeing an advanced copy of this book, and it is indeed a beautiful piece of work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks John, from an unabashed Velvia fan. I have to admit I am quite fond of your work however. I'll be gtting a copy for myself. Thanks for the offer.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi John,

Congratulations on the new book. I look forward to meeting you at the Light Impressions booth this coming Saturday.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I attended John's seminar in Portland Maine this last saturday, and picked up a copy of the book - some very nice images in the book, and very well printed and put together. Bravo John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    we as a community should support our own by buying direct, and letting a photographer who has this as their means of support get more of the monies from the sale. You do this by buying direct from the publisher John has listed. It might be a small thing, but if this is what it takes to keep traditional photographers in business and putting out such excellent books, we need to help. Just like I would reccomend we all do it for any other photograher on apug who is selling a book.
    Non Digital Diva

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well John, I think you will find many admirers here, myself included.

Welcome!
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the announcement. Book ordered.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting this announcement. I have two of your books, and will order this one as well. It is generous of you to make a special offer to apug members as it makes us feel even more like a community in a photographic world that is moving further and further away from traditional craft and values.

Best wishes for much success with this newest of your fine books.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awww.... nothing fer us non-USA people! Good to see you John, and nice to see you're an ape-hugger too.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin