Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,605   Online: 818

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

House Calls Wins Gemini

My good friend and fellow APUGer Mark Nowaczynski has won another major award with the NFB documentary House Calls, a one hour movie following Dr Mark as he takes care of some of his frail and elderly patients. He has been dragging around a 4x5 Linhoff and lighting gear for 8 years now and is working on a ground breaking photo exhibition that we hope tours from city to city.
    House Calls won the prestigious Donald Brittain Award for best Social/Political Documentary Program at the 21st Annual Gemini Awards last night
    details at http://www.geminiawards.ca/gemini21/...1011&geminig=4
    or at www.cbc.ca/toronto/features/kda/
    What really suprises me is how the movie starts with my magical hands under the enlarger and then flipping prints to development. * this scene brings tears to my eyes* how did I not win an award for a supporting actor award.
    go figure.
    Anyways we at Elevator are very proud of Mark and wish him all the success with this very important photographic project.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Bob, I'll keep my eyes peeled for that!

(For anyone wanting to see some images, the CBC link above has "The Photographs" as a link to some images and text).

Printing them must have changed you...

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is truly a remarkable film, and I was so glad I caught it when it first aired. Thanks, Mark, for all your efforts, but also thank you for letting us know via APUG just before it aired.

And thanks, Bob for the work you did on the prints. Have you considered becoming a hand model? Not too many darkroom model jobs, but I hear hand models are paid well.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin