Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,990   Online: 843

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    I think there has always been a rather limited market for photographic books. In part, the production costs require fairly high prices which is a "turn off" to many.
    This may be true but it is a very strong and faithful market. Production costs, while high for any book, are not the problem. It is the small print runs and cost per unit. Because there is a small (even though strong) market, there is no need for larger print runs that would keep cost per unit much lower. We as enthusiasts and lovers of the medium have to pay a hefty price for what we love. It is also the reason publishers are not willing to put out the money for reissues of older titles. No matter how popular, they only appeal to a small group and will not make the kind of money bigger publishers are looking to make. The strength in the photo book market is in smaller presses as well as self-publishing. This is where the future is I believe. PD

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Jmal: You could pay arcanabooks.com a visit. They have a huge collection of Out-Of-Print photography books. They are located at 1229 3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica. Phone: 310.458.1499.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    See also alibris.com and amazon. Mike Wells has been another good source for me.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bookfinder.com is a meta-search engine that searches all the dealer networks at once, bringing the results back together. Tip: Use "Classic Search display" under "show more options."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin