Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,199   Posts: 1,531,472   Online: 879

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wonderful Ann, thank you!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thank you for the best link of the year!! what a wonderful experience!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for the post...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks a lot for the post Ann, but it pains me to watch it. This interviewer is just a foul moron, he's unbearable, always talking down to Cartier-Bresson like he's senile or a child, laughing too hard, and trying to make him say "decisive moment." I don't know what's the problem with journalists interviewing major figures but they can never shut up, ask intelligent questions, and listen.

Reminds me of a French TV special I saw on Derrida. Not that I admire the man that much, but he was nevertheless in the big leagues of modern culture. The interview was almost setup like a game show, with surprise guests, music popping up at random moments, and ass-lickers saying how much their obscure and meaningless works were inspired by the Great Man.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    ....This interviewer is just a foul moron, he's unbearable, always talking down to Cartier-Bresson....
    I for one think Charlie Rose is one of the best interviewers of our time and I am extremely glad he is the one doing it.
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Colley View Post
    I for one think Charlie Rose is one of the best interviewers of our time and I am extremely glad he is the one doing it.
    Well, he is doing an awful job here, he is so unbearable. His interviewee does not seem to appreciate him either.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    I don't know what's the problem with journalists interviewing major figures but they can never shut up, ask intelligent questions, and listen.
    Because, interviewers use interviews to promote themselves, and more important subject they interview, journalists think more important he/she will look like...
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ann !!!

Cheers,
    Bill
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haris View Post
    Because, interviewers use interviews to promote themselves, and more important subject they interview, journalists think more important he/she will look like...
    It must be the hair spray creeping into the cortex...

My APUG Portfolio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin