Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,390   Online: 1073

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Images

Earlyriser's photos

I am amazed by the postings of Earlyriser, in the gallery. Truely beautiful work. Few photographers are able to hold this sufferer of ADD's attention. His have.

Just thought I would make my awe of them public.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in awe of Brian's vision.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Brian really does know how to reduce a scene to its basic forms. There's nothing in the image that doesn't belong.

Another thing that I've noticed in his recent postings is that he takes all the qualities that I don't like about T-Max 100--that plasticky tonality that resembles B&W video--and does something really interesting with them. Instead of plastic, he gets smooth and dreamlike. This one really stands out in this regard--

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=5251
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I second the emotion. Excellent vision, quality, and consistancy.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Images
    Good Evening,

Ditto to the comments above. Best stuff posted lately.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Likewise here too. I agree that the images have only what is necessary, and it takes real skill to reduce a subject to its simple beauty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Instead of plastic, he gets smooth and dreamlike.
    I've seen a number of Brian's actual prints and they are exceptionally beautiful. He explained to me a technique he uses to slightly diffuse the prints in at least some of his work. Perhaps, Brian, if you read this you'll discuss some of that procedure.

I hope he gets represented by a NYC gallery again soon (he had been featured there by the Edward Carter Gallery that closed in 2001). I'd love to see the new work that's being offered in larger sizes than before.
    John Voss

My Blog

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can only agree to what's been said already. Would love to hear about the technique used in Brian's work but know that tchnique no matter how good does not make the photo alone. These photos just have a very special feel in this "high" tonal range.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't agree more and I am glad mark brought it up. I have been having a runing discussion behind the scenes with member about how good his work is. I/we should have started a thread.

The thing I really like about his work is how well he understands his subject and the medium. Many have shot the same objects as he has, but few do it as well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yup, me too. Love the care in positioning the camera. Love the patience to wait for the scene to unfold. Love that almost imperceptable dark halo thing. Love the way he blasts solid blacks into distant objects in moist marine environments. Admire the commitment it must take to pull it all off.

Murray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin